Plateau Lodge Environmental Statement
We at Plateau Lodge strive to make a difference towards the environment and, of course, protecting Mother Earth.
Green lodging is about savings — materials, waste, electricity, and, ultimately, reducing greenhouse gases, which all add up to saving money and the environment.
So far, there are over 800 different green certifications offered around the world. If a guest doesn’t understand what a particular certification logo means, then what’s the point? A logo or piece of paper posted in the lobby can’t possibly make a difference to the guest. We believe in allocating funds to improving the quality of your stay.
We operate a recycling programme. We recycle paper, plastics/bottles and encourage guests to participate by providing easy-to-locate recycling bins.
We Have Introduced The Following Energy-Saving Measures
- linen cards
- motion sensors for lighting public rooms
- LED and energy-efficient lighting
- computers/equipment are turned off when not in use
- there are gas hot plates and ovens in guests’ rooms
- we use email instead of paper for communication where ever possible.
Our Lodge buildings are revamped relocated buildings. For 20 years we have carried out sustainable practises — new Coloursteel roofing, eco-friendly recycled insulation, natural floor boards and a low-impact generator to absorb high-energy consumption for example.
We avoid using single-use condiments and toiletry packaging — there will be package-free items in your room and we offer fresh-is-best for breakfast and lunch.
Our Housekeeping Measures
- washing laundry in cold water where possible
- using gas-applied appliances
- purchasing cleaning materials with low environmental impact
- left-over clothing is donated to local charities
- we change guests’ linen after the third day.