We at Plateau Lodge strive to make a difference towards the environment and of course protecting Mother Earth.
Green lodging is about savings — materials, waste, electricity, and ultimately reducing greenhouse gases.
So far, there are over 800 different green certifications offered around the world.
We have introduced the following energy-saving measures
- Linen cards
- Motion sensors for lighting public rooms
- LED and energy-efficient lighting
- Technology are turned off when not in use
- Gas hot plates and ovens in guests’ rooms
- Communication via screen where ever possible
- Maintained gardens
- Electric staff vehicle
- Purchasing cleaning materials with low environmental impact
- Left-over clothing is donated to local charities
- Follow Covid -19 guidelines
- We change guests’ linen after the third day
- Support charities
Our Lodge buildings are revamped relocated buildings. For 20 years we have carried out sustainable practices — Colour steel roofing, eco-friendly recycled insulation, natural floor boards and a low-impact generator to absorb high-energy consumption for example.
We avoid using single-use condiments and toiletry packaging — we offer fresh-is-best for breakfast and lunch.